Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Silver Girl on a Storming Sky

This post is a little different than the others, but bear with me.

Let me tell you a story. It's not about superheroes or some great injustice in the world- it's about two totally normal people. But this story is special because one of them is me, and the other is a girl I wish I could have been friends with for much longer than I have.

She's an artist, like I am. We got to know each other at difficult points in our life- separate events that had nothing to do with each other, but it was obvious that we both needed someone to support us. You'll have to forgive me since I don't remember exactly how it all started, but we became best friends for a time. And it was at some point during those tough times that she gave me one of the greatest gifts anyone could hope for.

I was really down and out. We were talking, and for me, things had gotten quite hopeless. I felt like if I were to just up and leave Needham, never to return, no one would either notice or care. And I told her that. I was unneeded, unwanted, and just in the way.

The moment those words had left my mouth, without hesitation, she said "But Brian, you dummy- I DO need you!"

She was the first person to EVER have told me that I meant anything to them. Think about that for a second, in case you don't really grasp the significance.

Or you don't have to, I suppose. It's your call. But this girl will forever and always have a special place in my heart.

So... thank you, Katie Peck. You're the best friend a guy could hope for. :) I can't wait to see you again.

1 comment:

  1. okay i just figured out i could comment on this. BRIAN YOU ARE AMAZING <3

    ReplyDelete