Monday, October 18, 2010

Low Battery Warning

I'm pretty tired today.

And yet here I am, writing a post for you guys anyway! You should be flattered. Or possibly worried about my bizarre sense of dedication to my readers, most of whom I probably don't even know are there.

The Christian College Invitational (read: swim meet) was on Saturday. It was a blast! There wasn't a scored meet, so everyone could try their best without having to worry about who was winning or not. Because while it is disgustingly cliché, we were ALL winners.

In all honesty, the only thing I can really miss about high school swimming is being the guy that the other swimmers look up to. It was a good feeling to be able to inspire confidence in the rest of my team. Here, I don't have that since I'm almost at the bottom of the food chain so to speak, but at the same time the camaraderie and just raw team spirit here is so strong it's intoxicating.

I love it. Swim meets are when I get to unleash everything, and just pace up and down the sides of the pool screaming and urging the competitors on. (Disclaimer: your throat will not be pleased of you are yelling at the top of your lungs for four hours)

But in spite of that, one of the coolest parts is getting to know the other swimmers. Take this guy, for instance:
Is this a swimming picture? No. Do I know who the girl is, and does she even go to college here at Asbury? No. But the guy in the picture is a bit of a hero of mine, and let's face it, this is a pretty badass picture too.

That's Daniel, see the photography post if you've forgotten who he is. He is, legitimately, THE fastest and most well rounded swimmer I've ever met. Barely two months into the season and he has already qualified for I think it's five nationals events, not to mention the three team records he's DESTROYED.

And he's incredibly humble about it all, too. He doesn't really boast about anything, he's really smart, personable, trustworthy, and he photographs pretty well too.

Haha, sorry- that's an artist thing. Being photogenic is a standard I sometimes secretly hold people to.

Speaking of art, by the way, I'm working on a couple of different pieces at the moment. One of them is really intricate/ about half done, and the other one is just a design. I don't know when I'll be able to upload them, though- my scanner has been on the fritz. That's my excuse for a lack of legitimate concept art lately... bad tech.

Bad tech, however, means that I have lots of time to listen to music. And since music is really good for the nerves, stress has been almost bearable lately!

Fantastic stuff. I actually enjoyed doing Daniel's bio- I might do others.

But I promise that the next post will be the near-death-dissection story. That was a good time. Especially since I got out of it very not dead or gutted. :P

1 comment:

  1. oh daniel. so fast =P and funny brian! love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete