Monday, August 23, 2010

College: Round 1

For all of my anxious viewers, I give you college story number one.

For starters, those of you who facebook stalk me as well should look through my friends list for a girl named Cali Thomas. She's been an online buddy of mine until I met her recently here at Asbury, and needless to say she's just as cool a cat as I anticipated.

Two things about her: one, this story involves her a little, and two we're not related. In spite of popular belief.

Anyway. It was the second (maybe third...?) day of college orientation, and I ended up going to Wal Mart with her and her family- it was both spontaneous and odd, since her family took me along very willingly after having only known me for about 20 minutes. Regardless, upon arrival, I decided to go and investigate the shampoo section.

Apparently people like you better if you shower regularly. A difficult concept to grasp after having just hiked in the woods for a week, but I fought through my doubt and made my way over.

This is what I found:

While the pictures alone should be enough to convey what the Axe people are trying to say, the words above it read "The Axe effect may result in, but is not limited to, unrelenting female attention and/or late nights."

I wasn't about to fall for such obvious slander, though. Being a man of integrity and hard work, I was determined to earn my lady friends the good old fashion way: charm, wit, and of course my smashing good looks.

I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment