Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's Punny: You Will Disclose Everything

One of the requirements for having a well rounded education, according to Asbury, is taking three semesters of a world language.

Since the level of inadequacy in the Needham school system's french departments was incomprehensibly high, the 6 YEARS of French I had taken only managed to test me out of the first semester. So, I had to sign on for french once again.

One of the many forms of suffering inflicted by this obligation is a certain nefarious online testing application known as Tell Me More.

My first experience with TMM went a little like this:



It was miserable.

First, the program refused to let me sign in. Right off the bat, terrible first impression. It then proceeded to deny the authenticity of my school provided account number, and refused to let me check the assignments I was supposed to do, and the voice authentification didn't work properly, and the audio clips wouldn't play, and I was rapidly getting to the point where I was entirely ok with never having to see it again.

Hours of misery passed as I helplessly floundered against the onslaught of uncooperative programs.

My word of advice to everyone out there: no matter how awesome and fun you might have managed to convince yourself the french language is, there is nothing, I repeat: NOTHING in the whole of creation that would warrant taking it as a course (or God forbid a major) here at Asbury. Tell Me More has ruined foreign communication for me even more than Mme Mirabile, my high school french teacher, ever could have dreamed of.

And that's not even possible. Madame was terrible. But that's the only way to fully convey my distain for this.... this abomination.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA!!! LOVE THIS POST!!! TMM IS THE DEVIL!!! AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PICTURES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.... that thing must be terrible if it was worse than mirable..... the only good thing was that for someone reason she liked me. And we had fun sitting in the back. But yeah.

    ReplyDelete