Friday, April 1, 2011

OOO It's Mysterious

A bit of an update from when I last posted: I've embarked on Project VI with a friend of mine from back home. You could probably figure it out if you're extremely crafty (and good with the internet).

Speaking of the internet, I think if you're reading this then chances are you have been acquainted with it pretty well by now. If anything, the internet is an all-reaching, fascinating tool that helps prove once and for all that everyone is pretentious when talking about others behind their backs.

Since I try to not be too much of a terrible person, though (barring my flagrant disregard for consistent posting) I typically use the internets for more constructive purposes.

Namely, not getting any of my work done.

The easiest way for me to do that is pretty simple, actually-

- just spend dozens, if not hundreds of hours picking through the vast reaches of cyberspace, only looking at topics you decide you're interested in.

For example, I learned that out there is someone who made a laser gun. Think like a star wars blaster that looks like something the Apple company would make, and then point it at something and it burns a hole in it for you. A straight up LASER GUN.

The girls probably don't care, but guys... I mean, come on. That's cool.

The other main thing I've found stumbleupon is good for is finding web comics. A word to the wise: if you plan on getting any work done in the next, oh, 4-600 hours, I would legitimately skip this next paragraph.

I now have several web comics that I follow pretty religiously, and they are as follows in no particular order:
3. Boxer Hockey (this one hasn't updated in a couple of weeks though- the author is working on an xbox game, or something)
5. Surviving the World (not so much a comic, but it's comparably entertaining)
6. XKCD

...and a couple of rather obscure ones, but I don't really follow them so I've left them off.

I'm confident in the fact that at least one of the people who read this (especially you, Andy) won't be able to sleep for a couple of days- seeing as you now have more or less 10,000 comics to go out and read.

1 comment:

  1. you clearly don't understand my obsession with webcomics. and reddit. are you a redditor? check it outt.

    ReplyDelete