Tuesday, December 21, 2010

One Step at a Time

I think that the biggest problem with creativity is that I'm not the only creative person out there. Not only are others prone to coming up with good ideas, but sometimes they even manage to rope me into their propositions.

Sometimes the ideas I get roped into are SO AMAZING that it's hard to stop working on them. Allow me to explain.

There's this guy, William Pryor. Most people call him Teddy though.

OMG

That's Teddy. One of his interesting abilities is being good at pretty much everything: he's a fantastic visual artist, a great script writer/ film director, a determinedly loyal friend, not to mention he is pound for pound the strongest person alive. Imagine the Hulk, jacked up on steroids, powered by solar panels. WHILE STANDING ON THE SURFACE OF THE SUN.

Yay muscles.

But recently he devised this awesome plan, and then decided to share it with me. I feel that it's appropriate to now pass this plan on to you all.

Everyone knows what pokemon is. If you don't know what "pikachu" means, you were probably just never exposed to culture as a young child.
But the point is that pokemon have pretty much come and gone as a widespread interest. Sure, they keep adding more of them to try and lure unsuspecting children to keep playing, but by now most of us have caught on to their scheming and moved on.

That having been said, there was at least for me a small portion of my heart reserved for the rather underwhelming pokemon. Take Jigglypuff for example- just because of the way the game was made, Jigglypuff was totally useless. The poor thing never even stood a chance. Pokemon was a game rigged against about 2/3 of their own creations.

But, and this is where the idea I've been putting off revealing comes in, Teddy found a way for them to turn the tables.

Hack the game, and change EVERYTHING.

What's that? Caterpie pisses you off because it looks dumb? Turn it into a koala bear. You want a cerberus with spiky collars? Now you can find them everywhere. Dinosaurs? Walking on water? Piranhas that shoot lasers out of their eyes? Done. You're tired of looking at the rest of the usual, boring pokemon beating all of your favorites?

Have we got a solution for you.
The thought of a mutant, gorilla-esque pink monster beating the tar and feathers out of a Charizard is nothing short of amazing. It's almost a guilty pleasure kind of feeling, except there's no guilt attached! (We all know that it's has been a very long time coming, after all.)
If that sort of thing isn't up your alley, then I don't know what to tell you, but all I can say for sure is that I am enjoying this new game immensely.

Which reminds me, hello all of you. :) It's been quite some time since I posted anything. I got tied up in finals, then break, then the Florida training trip, but I'm back!

I've also blocked out about an hour or so in between two of my classes that I'm specifically devoting to blogging. So now progress will occur DAILY as opposed to eh-well-I-mean-I'll-get-around-to-it-sometime-tomorrow. No more of that!

Still open to suggestions. Still very receptive to comments! If there's one thing a blogger likes, it's hearing from their audience. Just, you know, so I know you're all still there and I'm not just talking to myself here.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray, a new post! And about Pokemon! haha I think I should get a shout-out again soon, since I found that Digimon card and all :P

    ReplyDelete